Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For shame Bowen

Posted by Greta Smith 
For shame Bowen
August 31, 2008 09:14AM
Yesterday, arriving at the vehicle toll booth at HS. Bay a bit early, in conversation with the lovely young woman at the booth we learned she is leaving this job to take a lower level one at less pay because she can no longer take the abusive behaviour of Bowenians. She was quick to point out that not everyone was like that but she just can't take the nasty stuff any more. This is not the first time I have heard this about Bowen Islanders at the ticket booth but this time it came directly from the person affected.
I was aghast that people would take their frustration and anger out on an ticket booth employee instead of where it belongs at the corporate level. Lets face it we have all been angry at the Ferry Corp at some time or other but being abusive to someone just doing their job is uncalled for.
So lets all make an effort to behave in a manner that is in keeping with being lucky enough to live on Bowen and change our reputation to that of polite, respectful customers.
Re: For shame Bowen
August 31, 2008 09:34AM
What a shame! What a blight on our community. I don't have any neighbour's like that.... do you?
August 31, 2008 09:45AM
I sure hope, not but you never know.

I've witnessed that behaviour from people I would never have suspected had it in them.

Extreme frustration? I guess, but picking on people who have even less power to change the situation than you do is bullying, plain and simple.

I vote for cameras. Just above the ticket agent's head. Sadly, if folks think they may be called to account they tend to behave better.
And on a more positve and entertaining note, also put a Speakers Corner camera right in the ferry terminal. Can you imagine?

Gale
Anonymous User
August 31, 2008 09:55AM
i DID have a neighbour like that, but i moved...now he harrasses other neighbours. the cop's favorite line? 'it's civil, not criminal'....so untrue, i also knew a toll both worker (bowen) who was thrown down on the ground and choked. many of us know a couple of infamous people who harass the ferry workers......don't know what their trip is but it's certainly not smooth sailing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login