Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Cormorant Marine |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | Bowen Roads | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required. Please keep your comments civil. Don't attack others personally, and keep your language decent. Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

BIRD droppings
May 01, 2012 11:54AM
And now for the good news!

If you shop at the Ruddy Potato you may have noticed that the Seventh Generation brown paper towels state on the package that they contain recycled material. This claim influenced our purchase but it also intrigued me.
There are two sources of recycled material: that which never left the factory; be it paper or plastic and Post Consumer. What we collect at BIRD is Post Consumer.
As you might suspect I contacted Seventh Generation to find if the recycled content was Post Consumer. The good news is that it is. The brown towels have up to 90% Post Consumer as do the brown Napkins. The white towels have up to 50%; as does the white Facial tissue, Toilet paper and Napkins.
Seventh Generation also strives to use Post Consumer material in their packaging and there the content can range from 0% to 95%.
As SOB (sweet old Bill) I would encourage you to buy Seventh Generation and other manufactures that use recycled material: it creates the market for what you bring to BIRD. It would be good to ask if it is Post Consumer.
Re: BIRD droppings
May 01, 2012 04:33PM
Good on you, SOB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login