Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi | Road Conditions |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Election results in Monday's Vancouver Sun

Posted by Peter King 
Election results in Monday's Vancouver Sun
November 17, 2014 09:30PM
Just wanted to see if any other municipality in Metro Vancouver had such a close race for mayor as Bowen Island did. On page 8 of today's Vancouver Sun, the election results of each municipality were listed alphabetically so I worked down the list. Anmore, then Belcarra, Burnaby and Coquitlam...... Hold on, what happened to Bowen Island. Here we go again. I was under the impression that we were part of Metro Vancouver but not according to the Vancouver Sun. Perhaps maybe next time. No wonder we have such tough time over here.
Re: Election results in Monday's Vancouver Sun
November 17, 2014 09:53PM
Ironically we got left off the Islands Trust pages I was looking at too. Someone activated our cloaking device apparently.
November 17, 2014 10:33PM
Could it be because it hasn't yet been declared because of the recount? I have no idea, just guessing, and you'd think it would be mentioned. The recount is tomorrow morning, I gather. Were any of the other races similarly close?
November 18, 2014 06:53AM
No other municipality came close to our three way tight race for mayor. Tom's pie charts in a previous post shows just how close all three candidates were to each other. Your vote on Bowen does make a difference. That's why it is nice to see such a high voter turnout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 06:53AM by Peter King.
Van
November 18, 2014 07:59AM
We also were not mentioned in the TV coverage on election night. Maybe we don't exist.

Cheers,
Van

"When times are hard, Go with the flow and sing a song in your head." Logan age 7
November 18, 2014 08:12AM
No wonder there are no tourists here today.
November 18, 2014 08:51AM
In 1991, I went to participate in workshops for the GVRD 'Liveable Region Plan', as an alternate for then Director Ross Carter.

To my shock and dismay, Bowen was literally not on the map- it ended at Horseshoe Bay, with an insert for Lions Bay. I pointed this out to the Chair- none other than Gordon Campbell, and he said: "People on Bowen are always complaining about something!"

They did change the map.
November 18, 2014 10:51AM
I blame Harper.
Van
November 18, 2014 11:05AM
Of course you would Charles Lol

Cheers,
Van

"When times are hard, Go with the flow and sing a song in your head." Logan age 7
November 18, 2014 11:10AM
I blame Harpo. Always stealing the silverware, never has much to say : 0)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login