Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi | Road Conditions |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Express Bus Bowen to Vancouver
December 22, 2014 02:57PM
Starting Monday Jan 5, 2015 until the Queen of Capilano returns from its refit, express bus service will operate between Bowen Island and Downtown Vancouver Monday through Friday during am and pm rush hours to assist in reducing the vehicle overloads on the smaller ferry. Bowen Island Community Transit has been contracted to operate this service by BC Ferries with no subsidy support.

Bus and ferry passage tickets will soon be available for purchase at the Snug Cove General Store with books of ten one way bus tickets going for $40.00 and books of five ferry passenger tickets going for $35.25. (ferry passenger tickets at Experience card rates for those coming back on the 6:30pm bus on the ferry)

The bus first pick up is at the bottom of Village Drive at 6:10am and then it parks in the zone outside the General Store and boards the 6:30am ferry going directly to Downtown Vancouver with stops at Burrard, Granville and Hamilton. It returns to Horseshoe Bay to park in the bus zone under the skywalk to await the arrival of both the 7:30am and 8:30 am ferry sailings. Passengers wishing to take the bus disembark the ferry on the car deck, walk along the walkway to the right of the terminal and exit through the security gates where the bus will be parked across the street.

Returning from Vancouver in the afternoon/evening, the pick up times and locations are as follows;

on Georgia St. at Richards out in front of Blenz Coffee 3:40pm 4:40pm and 5:40pm

on Georgia St. at Granville St. NE corner out in front of Bay 3:42pm 4:42pm and 5:42pm
in passenger zone

On Georgia St at Burrard St NE corner out in front of church 3:45pm 4:45pm and 5:45pm
in passenger zone

3:40pm and 4:40pm runs will drop off passengers at ferry terminal, 5:40pm run will board the 6:30pm ferry
Re: Express Bus Bowen to Vancouver
December 22, 2014 04:23PM
I actually went to the general store today to buy tickets as a gift for someone, but learned they aren't on sale yet. I have a feeling this will be a well used service.

Peter, is it safe to assume that those returning on the 6:30pm bus/ferry will have the option to either transfer to the regular buses or be dropped back off at the bottom of Village Dr.?
Re: Express Bus Bowen to Vancouver
December 22, 2014 06:14PM
George, If it was up to me the tickets would have been available for at least a week now but BC Ferries are a bit slow off the mark by having them available to be purchased at the general store starting January 2. I will see if I can get the date moved up to make it more convenient for bus passengers. We will make it as convenient as possible to drop off passengers for convenient connections to the island bus service and the park and ride lots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login