Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi | Road Conditions |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HAPPY 16th ANNIVERSARY BOWEN ISLAND COMMUNITY TRANSIT !

Posted by Toni 
HAPPY 16th ANNIVERSARY BOWEN ISLAND COMMUNITY TRANSIT !
May 31, 2015 11:26AM
Today is the 16th anniversary of Bowen Island Community Transit! It took 10 years of lobbying to get the service going and since May 31 1999 Peter has driven, washed, fixed, negotiated, smiled, cried, and generally filled his days with these buses. This doesn't include all the work he has put in to his own private charter service. Thank you to his staff and all the residents of Bowen Island for all the support over the years. Hang in there, dear!
Re: HAPPY 16th ANNIVERSARY BOWEN ISLAND COMMUNITY TRANSIT !
May 31, 2015 01:05PM
Well done, Peter. I found a quote that I thought described your 10 plus 16 years Working for transit on Bowen. I particularly liked the 2 words "courageous impatience".

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous impatience. Once implemented they can be easily overturned or subverted through apathy or lack of follow-up, so a continuous effort is required."
-- Admiral Hyman G. Rickover
June 01, 2015 01:45PM
Brian, a very appropriate quote and one that describes the last 26 years. Peter
June 01, 2015 03:19PM
Happy anniversary, Peter. I bet the years have flown by!
June 01, 2015 05:40PM
Well done Peter!

I currently don't use Bowen Transit (I'm not on any current routes), but I know what a great service you provide to the island.
June 03, 2015 02:07PM
Richard Littlemore deserves a lot of credit for bringing Transit to Bowen. As then GVRD rep. he fought uphill to get them to consider and finally deliver the service.

I still think the service should be reconfigured, especially in non-peak hours, to an on-demand system using smaller vehicles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login