Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Legion receives Grant Money From Government Canada

Posted by Lynne Hartle 
Legion receives Grant Money From Government Canada
June 16, 2017 03:15PM
Bowen Island Legion RCL 150 launches new project to enhance building access for members and community patrons

The Bowen Island Legion RCL 150 recently launched its Accessibility Mobility, Stairs, Landing, Ramp project. Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program, the project aims to create a new wheelchair mobility ramp to ensure that Legion members with mobility issues as well as community patrons attending Legion activities have easy access to the Legion. Funding received for this important project will allow the necessary structural improvements to make the building more accessible.
Re: Legion receives Grant Money From Government Canada
June 16, 2017 04:29PM
This is great news! Happy for all mobility challenged neighbours! (That seems to be me more often than I expected at my age!)
June 16, 2017 05:19PM
Congratulations. It is never easy writing grant applications and thank-you for the effort and bringing this funding into our community and improving the Legion for anyone with mobility issues. well done!
June 17, 2017 04:05AM
What Judi said. Fantastic news, making any building accessible is just smashing news. Congratulations on the funding award and project Lynne.
June 17, 2017 05:49AM
I have to give the credit to our president Yvonne McSkimming- who is tireless in sourcing funding for our little hall's much needed repairs and upgrades.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login