Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi | Road Conditions |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new film on giant schools of Anchovy in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound

Posted by Bob Turner 
new film on giant schools of Anchovy in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound
December 03, 2017 09:55AM
Hi everybody

I have just posted a short film about anchovy, a keystone species in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound. The film features the giant schools of anchovy that appeared in 2015 and 2016 in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound and the resulting flush of whales, sea lions, seals, and salmon that feast on them.

[youtu.be]

This film is part of my ongoing efforts to collect and share the stories of Wild Nature in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound. All are posted on YouTube (search on “Bob Turner, Howe Sound”). Please share these with anyone whom you think might be interested.

Bob Turner, Bowen Island
Re: new film on giant schools of Anchovy in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound
December 04, 2017 09:42AM
Well done Bob. I've been wondering what type of baitfish I was seeing occasionally down at Sept Morn beach. Also the antics of large flocks of surf scooters near the shoreline were chasing something in a coordinated fashion. Now I know. Thank-you.
Re: new film on giant schools of Anchovy in Atl’kitsem/Howe Sound
December 05, 2017 11:32AM
Great video, and a great story! Thank you Bob.

The video wonders whether the anchovies would return to Howe Sound for a third successive year in 2017.
Did they?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login