Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi | Road Conditions |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new Howe Sound video: "fish ball" in Deep Bay/Mannion Bay

Posted by Bob Turner 
new Howe Sound video: "fish ball" in Deep Bay/Mannion Bay
January 28, 2018 10:21AM
Hi everybody

I just wanted to let you know I have just posted a new Howe Sound video about a “fish ball” that I observed while out in my kayak in Deep Bay/Mannion Bay earlier in January. I was pretty amazed to see what was going on just below the surface of this cluster of shrieking gulls.

[youtu.be]

By the way, this video is part of my ongoing efforts to collect and share the stories of Wild Nature in Howe Sound/ Atl’kitsem.

Bob Turner
Re: new Howe Sound video: "fish ball" in Deep Bay/Mannion Bay
January 28, 2018 10:47AM
"Burnco Rock Products wants to build a large scale open pit gravel mine in the McNab Creek watershed in Howe Sound".

I think not.
Re: new Howe Sound video: "fish ball" in Deep Bay/Mannion Bay
January 28, 2018 12:33PM
Well done Bob! Anchovy balls. Herring balls used to be common in the sound years ago - I wonder if the herring are being displaced by anchovies? Do they lay their eggs on substrates (ie wood pilings) in the Sound like herring do? I guess I'll need to do a little more anchovy research on the internet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login