Bowen Island Bowen Island
BowenOnline | Directory | | Accommodations |Classifieds | BC Ferry |Bus Schedule | Bowen Express Bus| Cormorant Marine | Bowen Land & Sea Taxi | Road Conditions |Bowen Phone E-Book |The Bowen Phone Book | | Bowen OnLine Advertising Rates |

Bowen OnLine Forum is a community chat forum. Registration with real names/emails required.
Don't attack others personally, keep your language decent and NO BICKERING.
Posts involving the exchange of money will be treated as classified ads. Info: barbarawiltshire@shaw.ca

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Donations to WISH - new volunteer needed to deliver - SORTED!

Posted by Susanna Braund 
Donations to WISH - new volunteer needed to deliver - SORTED!
February 07, 2018 08:45PM
I received three offers of help within 20 minutes.
I love Bowen Island!

Donations to WISH

For something like 7 years I have organised the transportation of donations to WISH, a downtown eastside organisation that helps survival sex workers. Bowen has been really generous with its donations through the years and they are much appreciated by WISH.

I can no longer continue with this because of being over-extended with disabled husband in the city and fading mother in UK as well as other volunteer roles on Bowen, so I am seeking someone to take over from me, as soon as possible.

The KKN generously provides space for the donations to be dropped off. The person who takes over from me needs to collect the items from KKN regularly - usually once every 6-8 weeks - and drop them at WISH between the hours of noon and 6pm, or else organise a team of volunteers who will do this. I tried to set in place a team but for very reasonable reasons it never worked out.

I will be glad to provide detailed instructions. Please contact me by email - please don't reply here in any way as I never have time to check it - susannablues@gmail.com or send me a text on 604-341-3092.

Fingers crossed this will appeal to someone out there! Susanna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 09:09PM by Susanna Braund.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login